The Scheme was started in 1998 as a result of the Village Appraisal. A need for transport was identified and there were volunteers willing to help. The aim is to provide transport to appointments, shopping etc or collect prescriptions or provisions.
Residents contact one of the co-ordinators who will then arrange a driver from the list of 20 volunteers.
Guidelines for Drivers and Users
Mrs Sheila Agius 820102
Mrs Di Brown 820271
Mrs Lynne Jackson 820408
Requests for a Lift
Please contact one of the coordinators any weekday between 9am and 6pm unless there is an emergency. Advance notice will normally ensure driver availability.
these can include
- transport to local activities
- visits to Doctor, Dentist, Hospital Chemist or similar
- (an escort will be needed if you have to be accompanied at your appointment)
- shopping and banking (not to exceed 2 hours)
- other local journeys by special arrangement
‘Collections’ drivers can
- collect and deliver prescriptions
- undertake grocery shopping from a list provided by the driver.
- user will pay mileage charge unless driver is also making journey themselves
Payment (see schedule of charges)
- a single journey will incur the cost of the drivers return
- car parking charges to be paid for by the user.
- please pay the driver on completion of journey
Will drivers please ensure that they have written permission from their insurers that they are covered by their policy to drive for the scheme
Public Liability insurance (non motor vehicle) is provided by a Zurich Insurance policy funded by the Parish Council
If YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT A CO-ORDINATOR
The Co-ordinators are:
Sheila Agius 01242 820102 – Di Brown 01242 820271 – Lynne Jackson 01242 820408
This page has the following sub pages.